Link to XLnow Homepage
Home
Login Register Member List
XLnow OnScript Forums   » OnScript Editor   » General Discussion   » this file requires windows scr...  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

this file requires windows script host 5.6
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 20.10.2006

I have verified that wsh 5.6 is installed and have even reinstalled it.  Why do I get this error when running scripts in onscript?

Smak

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20.10.2006 20:54

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 13.04.2009
When exactly do you get this error - when you start the OnScript Editor, when you run a script or when?

Cyril Baratoff
XLnow - the makers of OnScript

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20.10.2006 21:08
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

You will have to forgive me.  I am new to scripting.  I have an application that created a script for me. When I run the script in OnScript i receive the error.  In the script created by the application it states the following:

"'This script requires Windows Script Host 5.1 and Internet Explorer 4.0 or later"  I am running ie6 and have wsh 5.6 installed.

Outside of OnScript it seems to run fine, but I am trying to add to the script and want to test what I add and cannot do that because I keep getting the error.

Let me know if you would like me to paste the code here for testing.

Smak

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20.10.2006 21:22

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 13.04.2009

No problem, Smak. The script in question is probably explicitly checking for some specific property of the Windows Script Host that is not exactly the same as in the OnScript Host (such as the version number).

You have probably not noticed, but the OnScript Editor by default runs scripts on it's own internal OnScript Host not the Windows Script Host. This is mainly for better integration with the editor as well as for debugging. Most operations are completely compatible, but there are obvious differences, like the application name and the version numbers.

To make a long story short, you have two options: in the editor check the "Run in separate process (WSH)" box - this will force OnScript to run the script in the Windows Script Host. Or figure out what the script is doing and program around that. Most likely it is checking the WScript.Version property and comparing it with a constant as in :

If WScript.Version < 5.6 Then ...

Feel free to post any part of your script here, it should not be too difficult to spot the offending statements.

Cyril Baratoff
XLnow - the makers of OnScript

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20.10.2006 21:50
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Cyril,

I chose the "run in separate process" option and it works great.

Thanks for helping a rookie.

John

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 5 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »