Link to XLnow Homepage
Home
Login Register Member List
XLnow OnScript Forums   » OnScript Editor   » General Discussion   » map drive for a class  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

map drive for a class
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 20.10.2005
hi
I am a TSS in school, and never write a Onscript before...pls teach me how to do it..
my case:
there are about 40 ppls in a class, and 24 classes, everyone have their own account and now, I need to map a drive for them ,
requirement:  1. everyone have their own home folder, own student account
                   2. each class have one class drive(map) for hand in their homework
e.g. 1A student name May, May login, she can see the map drive "1A", at the same time she can see her own folder

so how can I do it?it's urgent, the teacher want me finish in these few days..thx a lot!!

The main problem is...they don't have "1A" account, so how can I map a drive for all 1A student?if I do it for each student, there are too many account neet to set...>.<
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 20.10.2005 09:12

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 13.04.2009

Hi

It looks like your teacher wants you to learn about Login Scripts and I can certainly give you some advice on where to find more on this topic:

Guy Thomas of has an excellent Login Script Tutorial in the Scripts Section of his Computer Performance web site. Check it out, it covers mapping drives and printers as well as how to get this done in login scripts.

http://computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/logon_scripts.htm

BTW, there is no way to "write an Onscript" because OnScript is the (our) product you use to write scripts with. So what you are asking for is how to write a VBScript or a JScript with OnScript.

Cyril Baratoff
XLnow - the makers of OnScript

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 2 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »