Link to XLnow Homepage
Home
Login Register Member List
XLnow OnScript Forums   » OnScript Editor   » Installation Questions   » Help Search Wizard ?  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Help Search Wizard ?
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Active: 16.03.2007

I have just loaded version 2.0.542 for evaluation.  Your OnScript guide has the following info - Click the Helps tab at the bottom of the Workspace window but the tabs are on the side. ???  My helps tab is empty - the help state:

To perform automatic search through the system registry for installed Help documentations, choose Tools, Help Search Wizard from the menu bar. The found help will be listed in the Help tab console.  To perform automatic search through the system registry for installed Help documentations, choose Tools, Help Search Wizard from the menu bar. The found help will be listed in the Help tab console.  I can not find a Help Search Wizard under the Tools menu.  Whats up?  How is one supposed to populate the Helps tab window?

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 16.03.2007 14:28

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Group: Forum Moderators
Active: 13.04.2009

Sometimes the Help Search Wizard does not get added correctly when you first run the OnScript Editor. If it still does not appear the second time you open the application, you can run the Help Search Wizard manually - it is just a script. You can find it under the OnScript application folder in:

.\NewWizards\HelpSearchWizard\HelpSearchWizard.vbs

If you prefer you can add it to the tools menu in the Tools Menu. Choose Tools List..., Add and specify the following:

Menu Text: Help Search Wizard
Command: WScript.exe
Arguments: "C:\Program Files\XLnow\OnScript\NewWizards\HelpSearchWizard\HelpSearchWizard.vbs"
(or whatever the path is on your system)

Cyril Baratoff
XLnow - the makers of OnScript

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19.09.2008 02:16
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Active: 26.09.2008
I have version 2.1.568 and I cannot get the help topic to populate. I run the HelpSearchWizard.vbs and nothing happens. The help window is still blank. The HelpSearchWizard does not show up in the tools section but I have run it from the directory. I am not sure if I did not install something or what. I have closed and restarted the program and reboot the PC as well as uninstall and reinstall the program.  Thanks, Steven
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 19.09.2008 02:18

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Which version of the Windows Script Documentation did you install and whre did you install it to?

Cyril Baratoff

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 22.09.2008 04:34
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

This is what I downloaded from Microsoft. Windows Script 5.6 Documentation, I took the link from your website. The file is script56.chm and as to install I am not sure I understand. I did unblock so that I may view it. I placed it in the C:\Program Files\XLnow\OnScript. I also tried placing it in C:\windows\help.

Thanks,

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 22.09.2008 04:37

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Please place the help file under this folder:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Script\ScriptDocs

Then rerun the Help Search Wizard.

Cyril Baratoff

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26.09.2008 02:09
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I do not have on any of the XP SP2 machines a directory of C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Script\ScriptDocs. I added it manually and it just opens in another window. Thanks,
IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 26.09.2008 02:12

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

I'm not sure I understand...  what do you mean by "it just opens in another window"?

Did adding the folder manually and placing the file in it help?

Cyril Baratoff

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 8 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »